The Best Sand Bar in the Philippines: Kalanggaman Island
Kalanggaman Island is just one of the Philippines natural riches located in the municipality of Palompon in the province of Leyte. Though the island is geologically positioned in Leyte, it is just one to two hour boat ride from Malapascua Island in Daan Bantayan Cebu.
The island has a length of only 753m and is still uninhabited.
SCHEDULE FOR KALANGGAMAN CLEAN-UP & MAINTENANCE
Kalanggaman Island, Brgy. Tinabilan, Palompon, Leyte will have its Island Holidays on the following dates:
Good day! Travellers! 😊
Please be guided by our schedules on this year 2020⬇️⬇️⬇️
January 6 – No Overnight
January 9 – Island Closure Special National Event
February 10 – No Overnight
March 2 – No overnight
April 6 – Island Closure for Official Event
June 8 – No Overnight
July 6-11 (One Week) General Clean – Up & Structures Upgrading
August 3 – No Overnight
September 14 – No Overnight
October 12 – No Overnight
November 6 – No Overnight
November 7 – ⭕NO TRIP⭕
November 8 – KALANGGAMAN TRIPS STARTS @ 10:00 AM ( Abre-Grande )
December 1 – No overnight
December 2 – ⭕NO TRIP⭕ (LAWIG FESTIVAL)
December 3 – ⭕NO TRIP⭕ (TOWN FIESTA)
For more information please contact us on this number 09268164005. Available on working hours (8am-5pm).
Thank you very much.
How To Go To Kalanggaman Island
You can go to Palompon, Leyte via Tacloban Airport (Daniel Z. Romualdez Airport) or Cebu Airport (Mactan Cebu International Airport).
To get to Kalanggaman from Tacloban Airport, ride a van going to Palompon. Trip takes about 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- How to get to Kalanggaman from Cebu Airport, ride a taxi to go to Pier 3. In pier 3, you can either ride a SuperCat, OceanJet and weesam (fastcraft) going to Ormoc Leyte or a ship en route to Palompon. Fastcraft fare usually costs around P500-P700 while ship ticket costs around P500. If you chose SuperCat, it takes about 3 hours to reach Ormoc, then you need to ride a van going to Palompon (1 hr ride) which can cost you another P150. Ship from Cebu will take 4 hours to reach Palompon.
Once you’re in Palompon, go to Palompon Liberty Park and pay the necessary fees for the Kalanggaman EcoTour. You can ride a bike called Potpot to go to Liberty Park. It only costs P 5 per person. Boat ride from this point to Kalanggaman Island takes about an hour for regular boats.
- By BusCeres Bus bound for Manila via Maharlika Highway leaves Cebu North Bus Terminal every 8:00 am and arrives at Pulangbato Port in Bogo City at around 11:00am-12:00pm. From there, you can catch a Ro-Ro boat bound for Palompon.
- By Boat:
Ferry Destination Dates Class RateCokaliong CEB – PAL Monday, Thursday (8:00PM), Sunday (12:00PM) Economy 350 PAL – CEB Tuesday, Friday (8:00AM), Sunday (10:00PM) Tourist 450Medallion CEB – PAL Daily (9:00PM) Economy 390 PAL – CEB Daily (9:00AM Tourist 490Super Shuttle BOG – PAL Daily (12:00PM) Economy 350 PAL – BOG Daily (8:00AM) Business 550
- For more accurate schedules visit:
Please inform us of any irregularities or changes in the schedule you are aware of.
KALANGGAMAN ISLAND RATES AND ENTRANCE FEE:
Palompon LGU ECO Tourism Office:
- Landline: +63 (053) 555-9731 (Temporary Offline due to Typhoon Ursula, please call +63 926 816 4005 )
- Globe 1: +63 926 816 4005
- Globe 2: +63 926 816 4007
- Smart: +63 998 555 1421
Kalanggaman Island Entrance & Conservation Fee:
- Regular (Day Tour): P 500.00
- Overnight Rate: P 750.00
- Regular (Day Tour): P 150.00
- Overnight Rate: P 225.00
Non-Palompon College Student:
- Regular (Day Tour): P 40.00
- Overnight Rate: P 60.00
Non-Palompon High School Student:
- Regular (Day Tour): P 30.00
- Overnight Rate: P 45.00
Non-Palompon Elementary Pupil:
- Regular (Day Tour): P 20.00
- Overnight Rate: P 30.00
Non-Palompon Senior Citizen:
- Regular (Day Tour): P120.00
- Overnight Rate: P 180.00
Private Pumpboat Fees:
- 15 Capacity: P 3,000.00
- 25 Capacity: P 3,500.00
- 30 Capacity: P 4,000.00
- 40 Capacity: P5,000.00
- Small: P 250.00
- Medium: P 500.00
- Large: P 750.00
- Rate: 300 / night (4-Person Tent), 250 / night (2-person Tent)
- Deposit: valid ID + 200
Cut Off for Day Tour: 9 AM
Overnight: 10 AM
Kalanggaman Island Tips
- Bring enough food and water. Kalangaman Island has a sari- sari store but offers basic necessities. You can have the option of shopping for food supplies at the nearby wet market just meters away from the Palompon Tourism Office.
- All Kalanggaman Island Reservations are catered by Palompon Eco-Tourism Office through the provided phone numbers only. You can rent a private pump boat based on the number of your capacity. If you are traveling alone you may have the option of sharing the pumpboat cost with your fellow solo travelers.
- Cottages are open for rent for beach goers. If staying for the night please bring your own sleeping gear.
- Travel to the island are prohibited during rough weather conditions. Check the weather advisory prior to traveling or you may consult the Palompon Eco- Tourism Office for advice.
- Bring snorkel gears. The beach is great but the real paradise lies underwater. If you don’t have snorkel, you can rent one in the island for a price of P300 for one full day of use.
- Day Tour cottages aren’t free. They are to be rented for P250-700/day which comes with a table and four chairs. If you are staying overnight, bring with you tents and camping gears.
- Don’t forget to charge your gadgets as there is no electricity in the island.
- Consult travel agencies for those who are interested for a combined Kalanggaman and Malapascua tour.
Disclaimer: You can see from the date above the article when we last updated the schedules. Also, schedules are subject to change without prior notice. So we advice visitors to check themselves for the most recent daily schedules, fares (including promo and vehicle fares) and other destinations on the shipping company websites or contact them directly to avoid hassle and inconvenience.
I would like to ask if how much will be the cost for 3 pax from Tacloban City and Residence of TabonTabon Leyte, and we will be visiting on 9 November 2018 day tour then going to Sambawan on the afternoon.(starting up with my Travel Blog to promote our Leyte Province)
'Coz what you have here is minimum of 15pax for 3,000. If ever we can also be a joiner sa ibang Tourist para makumpleto ang certain amount of pax right?
Thanks a lot.
P.S. Busy po ata ang Globe Lines nyo.
This is what I’m longing for as it was rated as one of the longest sandbar in the Philippines. Yes,indeed. Worth to visit and IG worthy. It has long sandbar with white sand and clear blue water. You can swim,photo ops and can relax. They have comfort rooms and I must say they maintain the cleanliness of the place and not too crowded tourist. I’m glad that they limit their tourist entering the Island and they always had a clean up operation every month. If you’re planning to go here check their schedule if they are open or for cleaning.
Simple just an amazing island/sandbar sourrounded with perfect waters. Bring your own food though and sunblock.
Kalanggaman is the Crown Jewel of Leyte.
I would like know how much coast transport in Bangka Palompon to kalanggaman island and entrance kalanggaman island .
I m French and I ll be accompany by my filipina girlfriend .
So, how much the price for us 2.
Salamat for your answer by advance .
Hi;-) How to get there from Malapascua island for overnight? And where do we have to pay the overnight fee? I’m wondering because in all articles I’ve already read there is mentioned that the government office is located on Leyte island and only there you can book a boat. Thank you so much in advance for your help! KR Kim
Hi Kim, theres no entrance fee in Malapascua Island..
You can go to Malapascua Island via Maya, Cebu.. (30 mins boat ride)
No I mean from Malapascua island TO Kalanggaman island ...
Ah okay. Theres a tour malaspascua to Kalanggaman Island. 2,000 - 2,500
Inclusive of boat
Lunch in Kalanggaman
Entrance and Environmental Fee
Write a review
We Want to Hear From You!
Your feedback is important to us! Write a review for your visit in Kalanggaman Island and help other travelers.