La Manok (La Manoc) Island. ‘Isla Lamanok’. A hidden, unspoiled and undiscovered island between Cebu and Masbate.
- Also known as Manoc-manoc
- La Manok Island, Esperanza, Masbate
- 45 mins from Esperanza, Masbate
- 30 mins from Carnaza Island, Daanbantayan, Cebu
- 1 hr from Higatangan Island, Biliran
Isla Lamanok is composed of 2 islands connected by a shallow shifting sand bar. According to the native people, the name came from the islands’ figure. From a far, it looks like 2 chickens (manok) facing each other. They said, one is the cock nd the other, the hen. Another version of the story also talked about hearing chicken crows in the island on midnight and the island has no permanent residents due to the scarcity of fresh water so we don’t think you can find any chicken roaming, scratching for food.
The islands are located in the Visayan sea, in between Masbate and Cebu. It serves as a temporary shelter for tired fishermen and migratory birds. It’s about 35 minutes from Carnaza, Daanbantayan, Cebu.
No cottages, facilities and no entrance fee.
How to get there in La Manoc Island
From Esperanza, Masbate
- Once in Esperanza port, Charter a boat to La Manok Island. (₱2,000 – 4,000/boat 15 pax capacity)
- Travel time is 45 mins. – 1 hr. (17 kms from Esperanza, Masbate)
From Cebu City
- Go to Cebu North Terminal and get on a bus bound for Maya-Kawit. (₱200-250/way)
Take the earliest trip at 3am so you can catch the passenger boat to Carnaza Island.
- Tell the driver that you are alighting in TAPILON PORT, Daanbantayan and not Maya port.
Travel time from the city to Tapilon is 3-4 hours (About 129.0 km)
- Once in Tapilon port, hop on a boat going to Carnaza Island. (₱100/way)
- Travel time takes 2-3 hours on the average. (About 26 kms from Tapilon)
- Once in Carnaza Island, Daanbantayan Cebu charter a boat to La Manok Island. (₱1,500 – 2,000/boat 15 pax capacity)
- Travel time is 30 – 40 minutes. (7-8 kms from Carnaza Island)
From Naval, Biliran
- Go to Naval, Port, hop on a boat going to Higatangan Island. (₱60/way)
- Once in Higatangan Island, Naval, Biliran charter a boat to La Manok Island. ₱5,000 – 10,000/boat 15 pax capacity)
- Travel time takes 1-2 hours on the average. (About 25 kms from Higatangan Island)
**Prices may subject change without prior notice.
- Carnaza Island, Daanbantayan Cebu
- Doña Marilyn (Manoc Manoc) wreck
- Higatangan Island, Biliran
- Sambawan Island, Biliran