How to get there in Biliran. Biliran is an island province located on the eastern part of the Visayas group of island. The province belongs to Region VIII, the Eastern Visayas Region. It lies with the geographic coordinates between latitude 11° 28’00” to 11° 50’00” and longitude 124°37’00”, It is bounded on the south by Caragara Bay, Samar Sea on the east, North by the Visayas Sea and the strait of Biliran on the West.
- Via Biliran Airport – June 21, 2017, AirJuan opens its destination Cebu to Biliran and vice versa. The fastest link. They have trips 5x a week on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday. (AirJuan Flight Schedules) You can book via their website.
- Via Mactan Airport – Fly in straight to Cebu. Travel time is 60 minutes. Grab a taxi and go straight to the port. You have an option to take a fast craft to Ormoc or the overnight trip to Naval, Biliran.
- Via DZR Airport – Fly in straight to Tacloban. Travel time is 1 hour and 15 minutes. Ride a jeepney to the Tacloban downtown and ask for the driver to take you to the shuttle buses going to Naval, Biliran.
- Via Cebu – Ride a ferry and travel 10 hours to Naval. You can also take a fast craft to Ormoc city ,travel time is 3 hours. From there take a shuttle bus to Naval. Travel time is 1 hour and 30 minutes. (Naval Shipping Schedule)
- Via Manila – Ride a ferry going to Ormoc City. Travel time is 24 hours. From there take a shuttle bus to Naval, Biliran.
- Via Manila – Go to Pasay or Cubao terminal. Buses travel to Naval Biliran daily. Travel time is more than 24 hours.
- Via Davao – Go to Davao City Overland Bus Terminal. Buses travel to Tacloban Daily. Travel time is 15 hours.
- Via Tacloban – There are several buses that travel daily to Naval, Biliran. Travel time is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- Via Ormoc – There are several buses that travel daily to Naval, Biliran. Travel time is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Travelling Tips in Biliran
Best and fastest way to Biliran? Cost? Travel time?
The fastest way to get to Biliran is to book a flight to Tacloban (TAC). Buses ply the Tacloban to Naval route (Naval is the capital town) but vans are faster, taking just over 2 hours and 30 mins; fare: 130 Php.