About 1 hour and 30 minutes boat ride from Naval.
20 mins boat ride from Ol-og, Maripipi
45 mins boat ride from Kawayan Port
Sambawan Island is endowed with beautiful white sandy beach, rich marine life and coral gardens, which invite intrepid divers and snorkelers especially on summer season. During high tide, Sambawan transforms into three beautiful islets.
Sambawan Island has a stark, mountainous coastline and a spectacular sunrise, a stunningly beautiful view, which will surely melt your heart.
What to Bring
Food, Water, Camping equipment
Fishing, Camping, Trekking, Scuba Diving, Snorkeling etc…
Sambawan Island Fee
Entrance Fee at Sambawan Island Php 100 per person
Cottage: Php 500
How to Get There
From Naval Town Proper
1. Hire a private boat to take you directly to Sambawan Island.
2. Go the local way; catch a ride at one of the ferry boats going to the Maripipi Island. Travel time is roughly 1.5 hours. Once you reached the town of Maripipi, hire a habal-habal to take you to barangay Ol-og where you can hire a motorized boat. Travel time to Sambawan is more or less 15-20 minutes.
3. Ride a private or public transport to Kawayan Municipality, hire a boat and travel directly to Sambawan Island. Travel time is roughly 45 minutes.
- Purchased your supplies needed for the trip. There is a convenience store in the island that sells basic needs, drinks and snacks.
- More convenient to travel in groups if travelling via Kawayan in order to save money.
- If you are going the local way, you need to do overnight stay either at Sambawan or at Maripipi.
- You should not travel after 5 pm especially when the weather is not good.
- Electricity is from sundown up to sunrise; cottages with fresh water shower & toilet amenities.
- Bring your own food, drinks & other provisions.