Agta Beach Resort is located at Almeria, Biliran Province, Philippines. It is approximately a 2-hour drive from Tacloban, which in turn is a one-hour flight from Manila, the country’s capital.
Agta Beach Resort is probably the most popular beach in Biliran Island. Named after the cigar-smoking and tree-dwelling giant that supposedly roamed the area and called Agta Beach home, Agta Beach Resort quietly opened in the early 1980s after retired public school teachers Mesyong and Pesing Sabitsana welcomed guests to their little piece of paradise.
Agta is known for its slow-roasted chicken. This is the first scuba resort in the province hence it being a haven for scuba divers, featuring easy access to interesting diving spots and tranquil waters.
Come & explore with us the beauty and the serenity that is Agta Beach Resort.
|Rooms||Room Capacity||Rate (Per Night)|
|Madison||2 pax||P 2,500 PHP|
|Cottage Rooms||2 pax||P 1,200 PHP|
|Dorm Rooms||8 pax||P 400/pax PHP|
|Escuba Rooms||6 pax||P 3,500 PHP|
|Additional pax||P 300|
We dont have a credit card facility on the resort.
|Kayak||P 200/hour | P 100 for succeeding hours|
|Paddle Board||P 200/hour | P 100 for succeeding hours|
|Snorkeling Set||P 200/3 hours | P50 for succeeding hours|
|Discover Scuba Diving (DSD)||P 2,500 (with boat)|
|Fun Dive||P 800 (without gear rental)
P 1,800 (with gear rental)
|Open Water Dive Course (With Tanks, Gear Rental, an Lesson Manual)||P 13,000|
|Bubble Maker||P 3,000|
How to Get There in Agta Beach Resort
From Manila, book yourself a flight to Tacloban on any of these airlines: Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines, AirPhil Express and Zest Air.
The Manila-Tacloban flight will take a little over one hour and once in Tacloban, you have several options to get to Agta Beach Resort.
- Hire a van at the airport to take you directly to Agta Beach Resort;
- Ride a jeep or taxi to go to the van terminal and hire a van there to take you directly to Agta Beach Resort; or
- Ride a jeep or taxi to the van terminal and get on the van to Naval. Once in Naval, ride a bus to Kawayan and get off right at the top of the Agta Beach Resort driveway. You’ll know you’re at the right place when you see this sign:
If you want to skip the whole Manila experience (we don’t blame you), fly straight to Cebu and book a flight to Tacloban and then refer to nos. 1-3, or take a SuperCat to Ormoc (read on for more details). Travelling Tips:
- Options 1 and 2 can cost up to Php3,000 to rent an entire van, while Option 3 will cost you less than Php400 per person. If you’re on a budget, Option 3 is the way to go.
- The Tacloban to Naval trip takes approximately 2.5 hours, while the Naval-Talahid leg takes about 30 minutes.
- The ride is generally pleasant and you’ll get your fill of rice paddies and mountains in no time.
- If booking ahead of time, please inform the Agta Beach Resort crew when you’ll be arriving because our car might just be in Naval and we’ll gladly let you hop on.
- If flying in from Cebu, we suggest taking a SuperCat to Ormoc rather than flying in to Tacloban. This costs less and cuts your land trip by 30-45 minutes.
Cebu to Ormoc:
Fly in straight to Cebu and find your way to the SuperCat terminal. There are three trips daily between Cebu-Ormoc and vice versa. Please click here for the schedule and here for the fare matrix.
From Ormoc, head to the van terminal and take a van to Naval. Once in Naval, ride a bus to Kawayan and get off right at the top of the Agta Beach Resort driveway.
There are also ferry trips between Cebu and Ormoc. Please click here for the shipping companies and their schedules.
Travel Tips The Cebu-Ormoc SuperCat is the most convenient option with well-maintained cabins and 2 hour travel time. If you’re booking ahead of time we may be able to send a car to pick you up in Naval. But again, no promises.
Cebu to Naval by overnight ferry
An overnight ferry (about 8 hours) also plies the Cebu to Naval route. The accommodations are very rustic and basic though and trips are prone to being cancelled during typhoon season. But on the flipside, you get to skip the land trip.
See you soon!
We Want to Hear From You!
Your feedback is important to us! Write a review for your stay in Agta Beach Resort and help other travelers.